1953 Bowman Pee Wee Reese

1953 Bowman Pee Wee Reese
1953 Bowman Pee Wee Reese

Monday, July 13, 2015

Moonshots and Homerun Derby!!!

Well tonight is the night for my favorite part of the All Star week, the Homerun Derby!!! I can't wait. My fondest memory was in 2008, when Josh Hamilton blasted 28 moonshots through the evening air in the 1st round in New York.  It was a site to see on TV, let alone in person.  That must have been absolutely bananas to watch live in Yankee stadium.  I would've tweeted "OMG" a billion times on my Twitter feed if I had it back then.  Tonight looks to be setup for another wonderful evening for the Derby.  I live here in Cincinnati, and got to take my wife and young son to Fanfest Saturday, and it was a great taste of what we have in-store here for All Star week.  I wish I was there tonight, and I'm still waiting to see if my buddy ends up with tickets for tomorrow's All Star game.  Either way, we are really enjoying watching all of the festivities and seeing the cool handlebar mustaches around town.  Enjoy the Derby and game my good people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.